Visit the Bátaapáti NRWR
Thank you for your interest in visiting one of the most important environmental investments in Hungary, the National Radioactive Waste Repository.
To avoid delays when entering the site, please prepare in advance the form acknowledging receipt of the “Rules of visit” document, which should be signed by all members of the group, and hand it over to our colleague upon arrival.
You can schedule a visit using our calendar.
We need the following details for schedling a visit:
- your preferred date for the visit (year, month, day and time of arrival),
- the number of visitors in the group,
- any requests for the guide (specify the topic, e.g. geology, drilling technology, etc.).
Important information regarding your visit:
- PURAM can accommodate visitor groups on Thursdays, between 9-11 a.m. or 1-4 p.m. You can find free dates and times in our calendar.
- Visits are possible for groups of 10 or more. If your group is smaller, please inquire in e-mail about joining another group.
- The surface building (technology building) is not available for visits, the entrance to the diagonal tunnels can be reached by walking past these.
- The ideal size of groups is between 10-25 people. Different size groups may be accommodated in very special cases.
- We will provide the required equipment (helmets, breathing apparatus, if needed boots and protective clothing) on site.
- Visitors must be 14 or older!
- Photography is allowed during the visit (in the assembly area and the tunnels).
- Based on previous experience, the visit takes approximately 1 hour.
- Entry is free of charge.
- All visitors will receive an information brochure on entering.
- We would like to inform you that drilling and building operations will continue during visits!
- Your visit shall only be considered scheduled when a PURAM coordinator has confirmed the date and time via e-mail.
Please see the directions to the site.